9 Gordon Street Elsternwick 3185
(03) 9524 7900
To our valued Classic Cinemas community,
It is with heavy hearts that we close our doors for a little while, effective immediately.
This is in compliance with the Australian federal government's mandate to temporarily shut down non-essential services to curtail the spread of COVID-19 (novel coronavirus).
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as we’ve adapted to this rapidly changing situation in the most appropriate ways possible.
Thank you for continuing to choose Classic Cinemas as your movie haven and sharing in the magic of cinema on the big screen.
Thank you to our loyal and hardworking staff who have weathered the changes and uncertainty with us with professionalism and unwavering positivity.
The Classic is the longest continuously operating cinema in Victoria. We have had the privilege of steering Classic Cinemas since 1997. Thank you for supporting our eclectic mix of films and festivals, coconuts and miso, live music and comedy, and the spectacular rooftop cinema.
We absolutely can’t wait to welcome you back to the unique adventure of cinema.
Your palpable passion for film and cinema will hold us in good stead.
Until then – because we won’t be seeing you for a spell – good afternoon, good evening and good night.
Love, hope and well wishes to you and your loved ones,
The Tamir family and Classic Cinemas team.
All tickets pre-purchased online will be automatically refunded via your original method of payment.
For any bookings made in person at the box office, please contact us directly below to organise your refund. We encourage you to do this ASAP by Tuesday 24 March at the latest to avoid delays in receiving your refund.
All tickets purchased for David Attenborough: A Life on Our Planet will be honoured for the new rescheduled date chosen for this screening (TBC). If you would prefer a refund instead please contact us directly below.
All current Classic Movie Club memberships will be put on hold until we're back up and running. The validity of your membership will be extended by the amount of time that we have to remain closed.
We won't be able to process any new memberships for the time being.
Thank you so much for your kind words of support and encouragement during this unprecedented time. It means the world to us.
If you are keen to show your support by purchasing a gift card you can do so via our website here with the comfort of knowing they are valid for three (3) years from date of purchase.
- Until further notice, Comedy at Classic will not be taking place every Monday night.
- CHIFF (the Children's International Film Festival) has been postponed. It will now take place between July 25 and August 9.
- The CHIFF 2020 Program Launch and VIC Premiere of The Secret Garden has been postponed to an undetermined date. More information will be posted to the website once confirmed.
- The Melbourne International Jazz Film Festival due to start on March 30 has been cancelled.
- The screening of David Attenborough: A Life On Our Planet with pre-filmed introduction and Q&A has been postponed. Ticketholders are encouraged to hold on to their tickets, which will be valid for the rescheduled date. Please contact the cinema if you would prefer a full refund.
- BYO Baby sessions have been temporarily put on hold. Please check the website for further updates.
- Cinema Reborn will not take place in 2020. Ticketholders will be contacted about refunds.
- Classic Southside jazz gigs will be put on hold indefinitely starting on Friday March 20th. Please check the website for further updates. Any tickets purchased in advance will be refunded.
We'd love to hear from you!
Your Cart 0 x Ticket
Time Left minCheckout